Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Why won't my TV's color look good no matter how hard I try?

I just got a 32%26quot; Samsung TV with 720p, and I hooked my computer up to the TV with an DVI-%26gt;HDMI converter, and no matter what I do I cant get the color to look as good as my Sceptre LCD monitor. I have tried everything I can think of , changing screen res, changing sharpness, color, contrast, brightness, white balance, HDMI black level, Gama, flesh tone, and RGB gain. Anybody have any suggestions.Why won%26039;t my TV%26039;s color look good no matter how hard I try?
TV manufacturers adjust (calibrate) colors on a TV so that it looks good with Blu-ray movies and regular broadcasting - not as PC monitors. (PCs operate on different color space than HD broadcasting)



I am not sure you know what you are adjusting (for example, Brightness has nothing to do with color!!), so I highly suggest that if you want a PC monitor you get a PC monitor and not a TV.



One suggestion, most TV manufacturers optimize color accuracy for YPbPr - DVI is inherently RGB, which may explain the problems you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment