Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I permanently change the brightness of the screen on my laptop?

I like for my screen to be dim... prevents headaches. I know how to change it at the moment (Fn %26amp; up or down key). I am wondering... is there a permanent way that I can get my screen to stay at the level that I like, or will I have to change it everytime I turn on my computer?



I have a Dell Inspiron with Vista on it. I've only had it a couple weeks so it should be fairly current.



Thanks in advance!How do I permanently change the brightness of the screen on my laptop?
go to this site: nirmaltv.com/.../21/change-monitor-brigh?br>


They offer a freeware application called Dimscreen that you can use to set your brightness from 0-90% with an increment of 10%. This is specially useful when your laptop is running on battery. Although power setting allow you to decrease the brightness, there is a limit set by Windows. This freeware sets the limit from 0% (fully bright) to 90% (dim).



Hope this helps!!!How do I permanently change the brightness of the screen on my laptop?
Go to power managements or Dell Control panel or whatever it will be called, you can set profiles there for brightness when laptop is plugged in, when it's not, etc.How do I permanently change the brightness of the screen on my laptop?
You should be able to change it in the bois options for brightness level on the battery and off. By default when you unplug the AC power it lowers the brightness level to save power, you can make it the same in the bois under the power settings. Right when you turn on the computer I believe its F1 to enter the BIOS setup, should be under power options and have two bars for brightness on and off AC power.

No comments:

Post a Comment