Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do i change the lcd screen myself?

I think my lcd screen is gone on my computer (it's black all the time) next step is how do i change it? It's a gateway 200. I would like to try and save it if i can.

Thank you so very much!!

ps I have checked the brightness and contrast and this has done no good. I also contacted gateway, and they didnt help at all.How do i change the lcd screen myself?
This is not a user serviceable part %26amp; the part itself may cost as much as a new LCD (which will include a new warranty).



Even if you could it's not worth it.



regards,

Philip THow do i change the lcd screen myself?
If the computer is a laptop (which, I think it is), I recommend replaceing the screen yourself. Here is a link to help you do so:



http://www.screentekinc.com/lcd-removal-



I didn't see your model, but they are all pretty uniform, it should def. help you remove it.



Once removed, contact http://www.screentekinc.com with the part number off the back of that screen to see if they have it in stock. There is a live chat option for quick quotes.



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment