Sunday, November 21, 2010

How does screen brightness affect your eyes?

I like to turn down the brightness when i'm simply typing an email or reading on a forum... will reading at the lower darkness damage my eyes? What about the varying brightness? (changing from bright to dark?)How does screen brightness affect your eyes?
The glare from the screen will not actually cause your eyes any lasting harm. Personally I have temporary side effects from staring at a computer screen for extended periods such as photosensitivity and eye strain. The glare does not actually damage your eyes but it can strain and irritate them... if my eyes are starting to get bothered by the glare I either turn down the brightness or get off the computer.

Whatever brightness that is comfortable for you should be fine :)How does screen brightness affect your eyes?
I think everyone has to do what is comfortable for their eyes when on the computer. I am unaware of any studies that have been done on this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment