Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do i change the brightness on my laptop?

Hi

ive got a SAMSUNG %26quot;R20%26quot; Core 2 Duo T5300 laptop with 14.1in widescreen display and Vista software i only got it yesterday so havent had 2 much chance to play around with it but when i have the power lead pluged in the screen is realy nice and bright but when i take it out so the laptop is just running on battery power the screen goes darker?



ive looked on the outside of the laptop and there is no contrast buttons ect and ivve search the help files but nothing seems to be that helpful, the battery was fully charged aswel.



any ideas or help?

Thanks

DaveHow do i change the brightness on my laptop?
It'll be Function and another key - on mine is F7.How do i change the brightness on my laptop?
You can usually change that in power settings. The backlight drains a lot of power, so it gets dimmed when on battery by default.



Or look on the keyboard for a symbol showing something like brightness. You usually need to hold down a special Fn key and press it at the same time.How do i change the brightness on my laptop?
u usually hav 2 press the Fn key than another key, which will be marked in same colour as the FN key. You may have to go into the power settings, if your manafacturer uses custom ones.



MattHow do i change the brightness on my laptop?
read the manualHow do i change the brightness on my laptop?
try holding down the function key and pressing the up and down arrows, thats how it works on my dellHow do i change the brightness on my laptop?
Look on the lower left of your keyboard, you will see an FN key. Look around the other keys, you will see a circle with line extending out -- looks like the sun. There should be two keys next to each other with the same circle. One will have a down arrow and one with an up arrow. Hold the FN key while pressing the one with the up arrow to brighten the screen.How do i change the brightness on my laptop?
do you have an fn key?



on my toshiba laptop fn+f6 makes it darker and fn+f7 makes it brighter.

I also have a thing called power saver in the task tray if I click on it I can adjust how much it dims at different battery levels.



If fn+f6 doesn't work I would look on your keyboard for small characters like my f1-12 keys have pictures on them so I know what each does when I hit the fn button.



but if none of that works maybe its not adjustable. I suppose you could always look for a power saver program though if your doesnt have one.How do i change the brightness on my laptop?
on my laptop i can change it in the battery settings, have you tried looking there....also i have a Fn button, the writing on it is in blue, and i have on my arrow keys, also in blue symbols that look like suns, one has an up arrow the other a down arrow, when press with the fn key i can change the brightness that way too...good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment