Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I fix the screen of my Inspiron 700m?

The screen of my Inspiron 700m was flickering a couple hours ago. I dismissed it, because the flickering stopped whenever I rebooted my computer. However, my screen just recently turned blank. I tried restarting it, but that didn't work. It's blank when I first turn it on, so there's no way for me to check anything on it. Is there any way I can fix this without going to Dell for help? I attached a monitor and tested it out. The monitor works fine, but the screen of my laptop (Inspiron 700m) still doesn't work. But it's a little odd, because it's not completely black. If I squint hard enough, I can sort of see my desktop and such. But it's very dark, like I'm looking at my screen from far away with a black cloth over my eyes. What do I do? Is there something wrong with my battery, or perhaps the screen itself? How can I fix this? Do I fix it by changing the brightness (I don't know how to change that)? Please reply.



~RenshiHow do I fix the screen of my Inspiron 700m?
Sounds like your backlight's dead. It _should_ have a normal lifespan of about 10,000 hours. Hope it's still under warranty.



Otherwise it _is_ possible to do it yourself. I know this isn't your model but the concept's the same:



http://www.fonerbooks.com/laptop_6.htmHow do I fix the screen of my Inspiron 700m?
Since the attached monitor works, it probably isn't your graphics card. So I would say that something is wrong with the screen. You can try changing the brightness if there is a dial to do that. Go to the Dell website and ask a question on their forum. Often the techs monitor the forum and can get you good info. If nothing works, then you will have to call Dell tech support for help. If your computer got banged around, that could affect the monitor. They seem to be pretty sensitive.How do I fix the screen of my Inspiron 700m?
well i hope that you are in warranty as you need a new lcd (well a refurbished one) and i also hope that you have an onsite warranty as if not you will have to wait 5 to 8 business days for a return to depot. good luck. dell number is 1-800-624-9896 if home user; if business user use this number 1-800-822-8965.

No comments:

Post a Comment