Sunday, November 21, 2010

I need to adjust the screen brightness on my new laptop?

I have a Dell D630, just got it yesterday and the screen is so dark! How can I change the brightness?I need to adjust the screen brightness on my new laptop?
go here and download your Manual and look for adjusting screen brightness and anything else you may have questions about...



http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/sy



on page 45 it says



Adjusting Brightness

When a Dell鈩?computer is running on battery power, you can conserve power by setting the brightness

to the lowest comfortable setting by pressing %26lt;Fn%26gt; and the up- or down-arrow key on the keyboard.

NOTE: Brightness key combinations only affect the display on your portable computer, not monitors or projectors

that you attach to your portable computer or docking device. If your computer is connected to an external monitor

and you try to change the brightness level, the Brightness Meter may appear, but the brightness level on the

external device does not change.

You can press the following keys to adjust display brightness:

?Press %26lt;Fn%26gt; and the up-arrow key to increase brightness on the integrated display only (not on an

external monitor).

?Press %26lt;Fn%26gt; and the down-arrow



it also says this



Using the Ambient Light Sensor

The ambient light sensor is located on the bottom of the computer display panel. The ambient light

sensor detects available environmental light and automatically increases or decreases the display

backlighting to compensate for low-light and high-light environments.

You can enable or disable the ambient light sensor by pressing the %26lt;Fn%26gt; and left-arrow key

combination.

NOTE: Do not cover the ambient light sensor with any adhesive labels.I need to adjust the screen brightness on my new laptop?
check the control panel.I need to adjust the screen brightness on my new laptop?
look at your F keys there should be a key ( probably between keys f4 and f8) that has a littel sun like logo with a down arrow and one with an up arrow. Hold the fn key by the alt key and press the up arrow, this should increase the brightness, keep in mind you need to set this seperatly for pluged in and unplugged.I need to adjust the screen brightness on my new laptop?
click the function button and press brightness button it will increase the brightness



function button on keyboard mentioning FNI need to adjust the screen brightness on my new laptop?
I had a Toshiba monitor about two years ago. After reading the manual and asking several questions on their support forum, I found that simply turning the power button to %26quot;on%26quot; really made a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment