Sunday, November 21, 2010

How do I adjust the screen brightness on my Sony Vaio?

I don't think its a driver issue as it was working the other day perfectly fine, but now it refuses to change. This is when I've tried it with both the Fn keys and the power option settings on the laptop.



When I try to change the brightness with the Fn keys the window comes up but the brightness doesnt change, The Fn key works fine for volume though which is odd..



The laptop's full model is VGN-NW11SHow do I adjust the screen brightness on my Sony Vaio?
In the end its gonna be a driver issue.

I hear what you say about it working fine the other day - but that's still the first thing I'd try.

If the brightness is not responding to either the Fn key combo or the power options adjustments then there is nowhere else to go. Drivers can get glitches.

Start with the driver for the graphics card from the Sony Vaio website and if that doesn't work out then continue updating (or replacing) any other drivers to do with power settings or quick launch buttons or whatever until you stike gold.How do I adjust the screen brightness on my Sony Vaio?
You hit the Fn key and the brightness keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment