Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Why is Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 dark on my screen ?

This question is about all Games on Steam, not just Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, i just thought more people would look at this topic because of the recent release of the Game.



Ever since i first installed Counter-Strike 1.6, way back in 2006, my PC has decided,

it doesn't like running Full-Screen Games.

Since 2006, i have bought a new system, 2 infact, and they have all had the same problem.

When a game launches in full screen mode, the graphics card, (Currently ATI Radeon HD4890),

effectivly turns off.

By this i mean, that the brightness of the operating system switches off and i can see,

refresh rate lines very faintly,as if i were recording a Television set.

So all i have to play the game, is my monitor brightness (full),

which isn't any use as all i can see are bright spots on menu backgrounds and such.

However, if i then tab out, back to desktop, all is well ...

I have reformatted my Computer several times, and not a single piece of internals,

is still from my 2006 computer.

The only possible exaplanation i can give myself, is it's a problem with my CRT,

but then i think to myself, if it where my CRT that didn't like running full screen games,

then how did it work with Counter-Strike, when i switched the video settings to D3D

and how does it work on my Desktop just fine where i can see normally ?

Now before you patronise me and ask, yes i have checked my monitor, graphics card,

system %26amp; game brightness, they are all on full.

(Except my graphics card which has an option to have different brightness' in different

modes; Desktop %26amp; Full-Screen 3D ( No, either doens't change anything on full ... ))

I have checked my advanced graphics card settings and i see no obvious solution.

I have also tried using launch options (Steam) on the game i have the problem with,

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, because it doesn't have the option to run windowed,

as i do with all my other games ...

Although, none of these launch options seemed to have worked on the file.

I am wondering if any of you guys would know what i am doing wrong, or how to fix it.

Many Thanks, JV.Why is Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 dark on my screen ?
when i first played COD MW2, it tells u to configure the game to ur screen.....ie brightness, contrast and size of the screen. ur prolly didnt do it right. check the screen options to see if u can adjust

1 comment: