Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Laptop Screen Won't Brighten when unplugged!! Please help!!?

I have a Dell Inspiron 1420. It is two and a half years old so it really isn't that old. But lately I haven't been able to brighten my laptop screen. It is getting frustrating because when i use my laptop while runnin on the battery I strain my eyes because I can't see the screen.





I have done the whole press Fn and brighten the screen. I've tried and changed the settings. Everything in each power saver to balanced setting is 100% set brightness (plugged and unplugged) but the only time my laptop would brighten is if it is plugged in.





I have a good amount of computer experience so if anyone knows how solve this please help! If I need to go through BIOS I'll do that too. I just want to brighten my screen!!





THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!Laptop Screen Won%26039;t Brighten when unplugged!! Please help!!?
do you see the power saver button click on that



1. put the power from %100 to 50% save it



2.then click of it go back on it then from 50% to 100



did that helpLaptop Screen Won%26039;t Brighten when unplugged!! Please help!!?
My computer is doing the exact same thing. Did you ever figure what was wrong or how to fix it?

Report Abuse

Laptop Screen Won%26039;t Brighten when unplugged!! Please help!!?
My 1420 is doing the same thing also...do u think there was a recall problem or something. It started doing this during the summer and its a real pain. Please updaye us if you found a way to fix it.

Report Abuse

Laptop Screen Won%26039;t Brighten when unplugged!! Please help!!?
buy a new machine
  • blackhead eraser
  • routers get infected by viruses
  • 1 comment:

    1. You might have disabled Ambient Light Sensor..

      To enable it, refer to below link.
      http://smallbusiness.chron.com/turn-ambient-light-sensor-dell-53354.html

      Hot Key
      Step 1
      Press the "Fn" key and press the left arrow on your keyboard to toggle the ALS on or off.
      Step 2
      Press the "Fn" key and press the up or down arrow keys to disable ALS and manually increase or decrease brightness.
      Step 3
      Press the "Fn" key and press the left arrow again if you want to turn the ambient light sensor back on.


      Quickset LCD Brightness Control
      Step 1
      Double-click the Quickset icon from the Windows 7 notification area. This icon looks like a small "QS."
      Step 2
      Click "Panel Brightness" on the Dell Quickset window.
      Step 3
      Click "Enable Ambient Light Sensor" on the Quickset LCD Panel Brightness Control window that pops up. This option allows you to specify a brightness range for ALS to use. Alternatively, click "Enable Ambient Light Sensor to Optimize Battery Savings." This option will enable ALS, but it uses a unmodifiable, preset brightness range.
      Step 4
      Move the "Minimum" and "Maximum" sliders to specify lower and upper brightness limits for ALS adjustments.
      Step 5
      Click "OK."

      ReplyDelete