Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mac Laptop Keeps dimming the screen automatically, how do I stop this?

Hey I have a macbook.



For some reason the screen is dimmed every time I turn it on, and it dims again after it is on for about five minutes.



I can turn the brightness back up. But I have to do it all the time.



I've changed it in preferences %26amp; energy saver.



What is making it dim %26amp; how do I change that?



Thanks in advance.Mac Laptop Keeps dimming the screen automatically, how do I stop this?
I noticed this on Apples Support Site. Could be a similar issue:



http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?



Other applications, such as some fax software, can also prevent the computer from going to sleep regardless of Energy Saver preference settings



If that doesn't make sense, here's the guide for 10.3 for the Energy Saver, just in case you missed anything, by chance. :)



To set the timing for your computer to sleep:



Choose Apple menu %26gt; System Preferences, and then click Energy Saver.



Click Sleep. Click Show Details, if necessary, to see the sleep settings.



Drag the top slider to set how long the computer should be idle before going to sleep.



If you want to put the display to sleep before the whole computer, select the checkbox labeled %26quot;Put the display to sleep when the computer is inactive for%26quot; and drag the bottom slider to set the timing for putting the display to sleep.



To put only the computer's hard disk to sleep whenever it's inactive, select the checkbox labeled %26quot;Put the hard disk(s) to sleep when possible.%26quot;



To wake your computer from sleep, press a key on the keyboard or click the mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment