Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mac or PC for a graphic designer?

I'm a senior majoring in graphic design. I have a Dell Latitude D600 (512 ram, 1400 MHZ processor..)



I know how to use PC and Macs, but much more familiar with PCs. I want to get a new computer specifically to use for my graphics programs. Now I've always heard Macs are better (for graphic designers), it is only because of the graphics card right?



Also, should I get a laptop or desktop? Does the brightness and contrast of colors change when you look at the screen from different angles on LCD screens still? I feel like getting a desktop solely because I dont want an LCD screen that does that. But if newer laptop screens dont do that, then I want a laptop.



Also, is it cheaper to get a laptop with high speed processor then just have the RAM and videocard upgraded myself or should I just buy it all already together?



Answers to any of these questions will be helpful, thanks.Mac or PC for a graphic designer?
I have had a MacBook Pro for about 8 months now and will never go back to a Windows product. This Computer just works too well and i have not had any problems.



I press the button and am all started up in 30 seconds. Same for shutdown and no annoying updates constantly.



I cannot recommend Apples enough.Mac or PC for a graphic designer?
macs by farMac or PC for a graphic designer?
When you are using a computer for any reason, you should always look at all the factors not just one. As graphics designer first you need to worry about the video card of course, but you need to also look at the processor/speed and the software you will be using. You need to always get the best hardware for the best performance. Macs are better therefore more expensive.Mac or PC for a graphic designer?
Sorry, they haven't come out with technology for no-LCD laptop screens. If the angle discoloration really bothers you (and it should if you're a graphic designer), go with the desktop. And Macs, yes, are better for graphic designing, although there's not a huge difference between them and PCs when it comes to graphic designing (like in the Adobe Creative Suite.)Mac or PC for a graphic designer?
Get a Mac
  • consultancy works
  • witness in a civil case
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment