Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Gateway Laptop won't start up? Please help me.?

When I go to turn my gateway laptop on, a black screen just appears. It shows the mouse icon, and I can move the mouse around, but other than that, nothing comes up.

Also, the buttons on the keyboard still work, like to put it in to sleep mode and change the LCD Brightness.

I also tried inserting a CD, and it showed a little cd icon next to the mouse, but then nothing happened.



I have no clue what's wrong, or how to get it to work.



Someone please please help.



My laptop was working this morning fine, but then all of the sudden it isn't.My Gateway Laptop won%26039;t start up? Please help me.?
When your computer first turns on, hit either F11 or F8. This will bring up the safe mode start menu. Choose %26quot;Start in safe mode%26quot; and your computer should get into windows fine. Just make sure there arent any programs open and shut the computer down. Also, if you have a CD in the drive, an external hard drive plugged in, or a thumb drive plufgged in, your computer may be trying to boot from those. Make sure all of those are unplugged and there is nothing in the disc drive. If nothing happens after that you may either have a bad hard drive or your operating system files are corrupt :(My Gateway Laptop won%26039;t start up? Please help me.?
It sounds to me like maybe either your display went faulty or your video graphics card did. It could also be your motherboard, but I don't think it is. Sad to say, though, that if your graphics card is integrated, then your better off to just buy a whole new laptop, because they are not an easy or inexpensive fix, if it can be fixed at all. But that is what it sounds like to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment