Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What's wrong with my Chronicles of Riddick graphics?

I installed from a torrent the PC game Escape from Butcher Bay and I'm having trouble with the color. The darkness (which there is much of) comes across as a little grey. This was negligible until about six hours into the game when Riddick gets his nightvision eyeshine abilty. Whenever I activate it, the whole screen becomes blindingly white with milky edges.



My question is, what should I change? I can adjust gamma, brightness, and contrast, but I really don't know how these relate to each other. I've tried fiddling with the settings, but it barely changes anything. It isn't like the screen is too bright, it's like there's a mist I just can't see through. Less nightvision than cataract vision.



I don't really want to get a new video card (I have Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100). What do you advise?What%26039;s wrong with my Chronicles of Riddick graphics?
The problem is you have a weak Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 graphics chip..not a graphics card but a chip. Onboard video will never replace a real dedicated graphics card.



You may not want to get a graphics card but that is your only option if you want the game to function as it should

No comments:

Post a Comment