Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How can I adjust my monitor display WITHOUT using the buttons?

My son spilled a milkshake on the monitor control buttons and now they're stuck. What's worse is that he pressed them all in and now my brightness is very low and my screen is distorted very badly. Is there anyway I can change this without having to use the buttons? It's a Dell monitor running on Windows XPHow can I adjust my monitor display WITHOUT using the buttons?
It depends on what video card you have but you should be able to access these controls by:



Right click - desktop

----%26gt;properties

click the settings tab

then choose 'advanced'

One of the tabs now shown should be the controls of your Video card, click on it and then 'edit' or 'properties' or whatever - this will differ from pc to pc.



Alternatively you may have Video card controls in your control panel



Click my computer then choose 'control panel' fom the 'other places section on the left hand side.



Hope this helpsHow can I adjust my monitor display WITHOUT using the buttons?
Right Click Desktop. Select Graphics properties-%26gt;Display Settings-%26gt;Advanced settings. Select appropriate tab to adjust your settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment