Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Do I definately have at least subtle permanent brain damage? HELP!?

I know this is long but this is a personal issue that is literally life-changing to me. Please read this carefully and answer me seriously. You can ask me questions you need to know in order to answer my question and I will reply ASAP on 'additional notes'. This isn't just 2/10 points but one of my life's most needed information because permanent brain damage will affect every decision in my life, personality (identity) and success. I cannot write how grateful i will be if I get a conclusion in this today.



I had a mild traumatic brain injury in 2009 october and it still hasn't completely healed. At the moment if a slight external force touches my head I get noticeable symptoms immediately. 3 days ago a random pedestrian passing by hit his umbrella at the back of my head (one of its fins) and I still have symptoms now such as exaggerated brightness (including this computer screen at the moment), changed mentalities in judgement, temporary dizziness/light-headedness in mornings and increased typing errors. I confirm these to be reliable and not inmagined because no one can deny changes in how they feel (especially if they find daylight or TV so bright they cant even see) and think. One month ago someone threw something (perhaps a pen because i didnt notice) at my head and from then onwards my nerves going to my eyes/eyebrows feel exhausted constantly and stings (still present). I cannot even pull up fully one of my eyebrows. That's probably already permanent in itself. That shows how weak my brain tissues are since they even get damaged from shockwaves of a pen or umbrella.



When I got the TBI 8 months ago, I felt constant absentnessless/light-headedness and short memory loss (never knew from natural intuition what day of the week or month it was). My intuition was so weak that I couldn't even construct grammatically-correct sentences and it took my like hours to write one page. Right now that 8 months feels like a few days (i dont know if literally) because i went through it absent-mindedly.



My memory at the moment is still poor that i cant feel what day of the week it is unless i thought logically or if someone told me. I feel permanent mentality changes still from before my injury and find difficulties in understanding easy and what should be instinctive abstract ideas (although that is getting better gradually). Still, at the moment what should be understood subconciously by intuition i have to replace by logical thinking in small steps in order to do the same problem solving.



I ask those whose field has something to do with TBIs give me an estimate just based on what I have covered the percentage chance of me ending up with ANY subtle permanent brain damage at all.Do I definately have at least subtle permanent brain damage? HELP!?
What you are describing in the first few paragraphs sounds more like nerve damage than brain damage. Unless your skull still has a gaping hole in it, the events you described wouldn't effect your brain so much as the nerves that are outside your skull (mostly in the scalp). Those nerves are attached to the facial nerves and, indirectly, nerves that effect eyesight. Depending on how widespread the nerve damage may be, it could be interacting with residual symptoms of the brain injury to cause the sensitivity to brightness, facial twitches or numbness, etc.

As far as the memory loss and thinking structure changes, if you're noticing improvement, that's a good sign. Only someone who is monitoring your progress and seeing scans of your brain can give you a real estimate of how complete your recovery will be, and chances are you won't ever be 100% the same as you were before, but as long as you continue to work at your recovery and see improvements (no matter how small), it's possible that you could regain many of your previous skills, even if you can't do them as quickly or as perfectly as you could before.
  • long hair cut
  • shampoo for colored hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment