Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Brightness/Contrast on my computer?

I just got a new Dell laptop and everytime I turn it on, I have to reset the brightness by pressing the function key and then the up arrow to get the screen as bright as I can. How can I set this in some other way so that it never changes?Brightness/Contrast on my computer?
Do you have an inspiron?



Some dell laptops have a built in brightness control on the keyboard. I do not think there is a way to set it up permanently because it has an auto balance for the brightness.



One suggestion that I have is that you hook up the laptop to an external monitor so that you can set it up to the brightness you want and it will always be set up that way.



Try going into your CMOS setup. When you reboot your computer, hit F1 or F2, depending on your laptop, to go to your CMOS settings. There might be a primary setup for the display on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment