Thursday, June 2, 2011

Toshiba Satellite A200 Laptop dark screen?

I was recently away for a few days, and when I came home, I found my Toshiba Satellite A200 laptop's screen significantly darker. When I take out or put in the power cord, the brightness does not change at all, and when I go to power options, there is nothing that it letting me adjust the brightness. I've tried using Fn + F7 to make the screen brighter, but it does nothing.



Anyone know how to fix this? (I'm running Vista)Toshiba Satellite A200 Laptop dark screen?
i have this happen on my packard bell laptop, it seems to loose the brightness adjustments when i put it into sleep mode, or hibernate. but if i shut down or restart they come back. try restarting.



if the screen is very dim, more then you have noticed when it was on minimum, your backlight might need replaceing in the screen.



also check to see if the drivers that control it are not currupted, open the control panel in the start menu, select classic mode if it isnt already, device manager. if any of the menu's are open then that's likely the problem, because they should all be in the collapsed view, they are only open if one of the drivers has a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment