Thursday, June 2, 2011

Computer Shutdown Problem (Video Feed)?

When I turn off or re-start my computer it completely scrambles my video feed. When the computer comes back on the screen is nothing but static, it changes brightness but it is still static. the only way to fix it is to let it sit dormant (and unplug the power cord) for hours and try periodically throughout the day, eventually it goes back to normal. However the amount of time it takes to go back to normal is becoming longer and I fear it will soon be permanently scrambled into static.



Any idea what the problem may be, or how I can fix it? (I am positive it is not a virus)Computer Shutdown Problem (Video Feed)?
Is this your camera, or someone else's? If it's your camera, maybe the camera is malfunctioning. Could be the same thing if it's someone else's, also, but not if others are receiving the signal fine.



This could also be a failing hard drive. When hard drives start to go, your computer has trouble reading things from the disk. Typically, the laser scanning unit will be the culprit, but the whole disk will need replacing. You may want to act fast to make sure this is not the problem, so that you will not lose your files and programs. You will need a professional to help you if this is the problem...



Hope this helpsComputer Shutdown Problem (Video Feed)?
The only thing I can think of (if the camera is attached to your computer) is the USB port. Maybe your USB ports are defective and need to be replaced. You can try plugging things into the port to see if your computer is reading the port on boot. An alert should pop up in system tray in XP...

Report Abuse

Computer Shutdown Problem (Video Feed)?
if your computer is reading the ports, and if you have added a new device. You can also look in %26quot;My Computer%26quot; to see if the device has been found. There will be an icon for it there if your computer has found it. You may benefit from trying some of the other ports, also, to verify the problem...

Report Abuse

Computer Shutdown Problem (Video Feed)?
is with the ports if you find your computer is having trouble reading devices on them. I had a network card go out in a similar way. I never have replaced the card, because my computer came with two network cards. Don't know why I didn't think of the ports before...

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment