Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Computer Problem! Screen Dims Randomly?

I have an HP Pavilion dv6000 series laptop computer. I have had it for only a few months. I recently transported my computer, my computer did not fall or anything but was snug in my carrying case when I transported it. When I turned it on, the computer monitor would suddenly dim to the point you could barely read the screen. Every now and then the screen would flash and be at its normal brightness and then turn dark again. I noticed that when I move the monitor around it is more likely to change (from light to dark and dark to light).



When the monitor is pushed down closer to the keyboard, it is more likely to stay light. Why am I getting sudden flashes of light? I had a similar problem a while bag and the tech guy said that my computer was low on energy. How could this be even when the computer is plugged in?



How can I fix this problem? I can hardly do anything on my computer because of these constant random flashes when my monitor is upright.



Any help appreciated.Computer Problem! Screen Dims Randomly?
you have done the troubleshooting, sound like a loose connecting in or around the hinges of the monitor which is the Achilles heel of all laptops. Two choices have a go at it yourself, it will just be a push in connection, if you confident in pulling it apart, disconnecting all power and removing battery before starting. Pay a shop to do the same job.Computer Problem! Screen Dims Randomly?
try to use different monitor first then if still has the problem then try to use other video card or use your built in

that may solve your problemComputer Problem! Screen Dims Randomly?
if it would be a power problem you can try running the laptop without the battery, only powered by the charger. if the problem still persists i suspect either a lose cable from the mobo to the screen or even worse a defective inverter. the inverter is a part within the screen that can easily break (flashing screens are often the result of a broken inverter).



inverters for the most laptop brands and models can be found on ebay. replacing an inverter isn't a tough but a troublesome job. instructions how to replace it can be found in the service manual.

No comments:

Post a Comment